There are some significant differences between liability only and comprehensive auto insurance coverage. Our insurance agents at Insurance Solutions Inc. in Cullman, AL have the expertise to help you decide which type of coverage is best for your situation.
- Covers damage to other vehicles involved in an accident with you when you are at fault. This type of coverage does not cover your vehicle. This is referred to as property damage liability coverage, which is included in all liability policies.
- It covers injuries to other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, etc., due to an accident in which you are at fault. This type of coverage does not cover your own injuries. This is referred to as bodily injury liability coverage, which is also included in all liability policies.
- Liability insurance coverage is mandatory in virtually all states.
- It covers damage to other vehicles in an accident in which you are at fault and covers damage to your vehicle.
- It covers injuries to other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, etc. in the case of an accident in which you are at fault and covers your injuries.
- Covers damage to your vehicle outside of an accident, such as hail damage, theft, fire, vandalism, etc.
- Comprehensive coverage is legally optional in all states. However, many lenders will require it if you have financed or leased your vehicle.
Factors influencing your insurance choice include whether you own, lease, or finance your vehicle, how often and far you drive your auto, and even where it’s parked at home and work. Call us today to speak to one of our agents at Insurance Solutions Inc. in Cullman, AL to determine which auto coverage is best for you.