Motorcycle insurance is similar to auto insurance in many ways. However, there are some differences you should be aware of. We offer motorcycle insurance coverage at Insurance Solutions Inc in Cullman, AL.
Registering your motorcycle and getting a license plate in Alabama requires liability coverage.
Motorcycle liability coverage includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability.
- Bodily injury liability covers injuries to a driver and passengers of the other vehicle involved in the accident if you are at fault. This may include medical expenses and lost wages.
- Property damage liability covers damage to another vehicle or damage caused to another person’s property if an accident is your fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage is also included in a liability policy. If the other person is at fault and doesn’t have enough insurance, this policy will cover your damages.
Collision and Comprehensive Coverage
Collision and comprehensive coverage are typically called full coverage insurance. This coverage isn’t required by law. However, lenders typically require this coverage to protect the motorcycle as collateral.
- Collision insurance covers damage to your motorcycle if an accident is your fault or no-fault. The policy will repair your bike or cover its value if totaled.
- Comprehensive coverage protects your investment when you aren’t on the road. It covers damage that doesn’t occur when the motorcycle is in motion. This includes vandalism and theft. It also covers natural incidents, like a tree falling on your bike.
- Full coverage insurance also includes medical payments coverage. This will cover the medical expenses of you and any passengers that are injured in an accident.
Motorcycle Insurance with Insurance Solutions Inc
If you need motorcycle insurance in Cullman, AL, contact us at Insurance Solutions Inc. Our friendly agents will discuss your coverage options and help you select the best policy for your needs.